We are praying to the Lord that He would send out more laborers into the harvest field to reach more children with the Gospel. We need more workers throughout the United States and in every country of the world. Perhaps you are an answer to our prayers.
Will you join us in reaching the world's most fruitful mission field - the children? We have many ways you can serve.
Volunteers have served alongside CEF staff from the very beginning of CEF in 1937. Today, volunteers are helping CEF reach children, young people and adults in over 180 countries.
Volunteer opportunities exist at the CEF International Headquarters in Warrenton, Missouri, as well as in local CEF ministry around the world.
God has given you a wide variety of skills and experiences. Use them in a way that will help children come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior!
If you are interested in receiving more information on how you can serve:
- Download the Volunteer Application Packet by clicking here, print, fill out and mail to address on form.
- Read the Child Protection Policy
- Read the Statement of Faith and keep a copy for your records
- Prin and fill out Volunteer Application Packet
- Mail the completed application to:
Child Evangelism Fellowship
P.O Box 869
Monterey, CA 93942
OR email to
- Watch "Protecting Today's Child or listen to the
CEF Child Protection Policy at 866-878-4182
Protecting Today's Child
Applicants will be notified when they have cleared the background screening and then scheduled for the requested training.
Call the office for any questions about the process.
Teacher Training Classes
Administrative Workers (4 hours)
- required for everyone working in a GNC or a 5-Day Club
Bible Teachers (4 hours)
- Additional training required for Bible lessons & Memory verses, invitation and counseling for salvation
Junior Missionaries (4 hours)
- required for youth workers in 5-Day Clubs
All workers are encouraged to pursue additional training for more detailed instruction and evangelism techniques. The courses can be taken in lieu of the above and are open to anyone interested in learning how to evangelize children.
Teaching Children Effectively Level 1 or TCE 1
(32 hours - 1 day a week for 4 weeks)
Teaching Children Effectively Level 2 or TCE 2
(32 hours) TCE1 required before enrolling.
The course focuses on the spiritual development of the saved child.
Children's Ministry Institute - Diploma programs are available for children's teachers and ministry leaders, not just for CEF workers. Check their website for more information: www.cefcmi.com. Some courses available online.